But still, it's quite the process, trust me. Here's what's happening right now with CRITICAL CARE, in preparation for it's June 2009 release:
1) The manuscript has gone through editing and proof-reading, and is typeset.
2) It's been presented to National Sales representatives.
3) Endorsement quotes (from gracious and stellar) authors are rolling in. Like this from bestseller, Harry Kraus M.D.:
"Finally, a reason to turn off ER and Grey's Anatomy. Here is a realistic medical drama with heart. Candace Calvert gets it right with page-turning prose, a heart-warming love story, and hope. Don't make us wait too long for the next one!"
4) Tyndale Marketing and PR teams have designed a (wonderful and exciting) plan for presenting the book (and author) to retailers and readers.
5) The (fabulous and soon to be unveiled) book cover has been designed.
6) Back cover copy (book description) is being drafted. Perhaps something like this:
"Lord . . . heal my heart, move me forward."
"After her brother dies in a trauma room, nurse Claire Avery can no longer face the ER. She’s determined to make a fresh start--new hospital, new career in nursing education--move forward, no turning back. But her plans fall apart when she’s called to offer stress counseling for medical staff after a heartbreaking day care center explosion. Worse, she’s forced back to the ER, where she clashes with Dr. Logan Caldwell, a man who believes touchy-feely counseling is a waste of time. He demands his staff be as tough as he is. Yet finds himself drawn to this nurse educator . . . who just might teach him the true meaning of healing.
CRITICAL CARE ~ Who heals the healers?"
7) ARC's (Advanced Reader Copies) will soon be bound and sent to reviewers such as Publisher's Weekly, Library Journal, BookList, And Christian Retailing.
Meanwhile, I'm already preparing for online author interviews, a blog tour, local launch party, and much, much more.
A bit like planning a wedding. While juggling. And dodging baby bunnies.
You have to be a little crazy. And love it.
We are. We do.
Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail--out of the way, Mama's on deadline!