Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fabulous Read


I had to let you know about this fabulous book--I finally got it away from my husband so I could finish reading it. We'd basically played tug-of-war with the book since our recent flight to California. Pretty funny antic on a crowded SouthWest Airline flight, since hubby and I each like to sit on the aisle and generally end up sort of kitty-corner across from each other. So we'd each read a chapter, then hand it across to the other, trying not to get tangled up in the peanut-serving duty of our flight attendant crew. But way worth the aerobatics, since this book is that GOOD. Here's the blurb from Amazon:

A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery.
An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel.
A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream.
A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.
It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana . . . and an East Texas honky-tonk . . . and, without a doubt, in the heart of God. It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . . an upscale New York gallery . . . a downtown dumpster . . . a Texas ranch.
Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality, this true story also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.


Only truth could be this goose-bumpy terrific and heart-tugging. It's wonderfully written, beautifully honest, both funny and hanky-worthy and--most of all--truly inspiring. I highly recommend it.

On the home front, I'm "polishing up" the last few pages of THE HEALER'S HEART in readiness to send it off early to my new editor, Jan Stob, at Tyndale House who has an awesome reputation and--no surprise--is nominated for Editor of the Year by the members of the American Christian Fiction Writers organization My agent, Natasha Kern, is also up for Agent of the Year--ask me how GREAT it is to be a writer under the wings of talented women like these! Trust me, I'm still pinching myself--and counting my blessings.

Go get Same Kind of Different As Me and let me know how you liked it.

Meanwhile, back to the keyboard with HEALER'S HEART . . . almost to the finish line.

No comments: