Sunday, January 25, 2009
Color Me Smiling
Being an an author gives me plenty of things to smile about: flexible work hours (lately pre-dawn), cozy work wardrobe (jammies, slippers . . . formal sweats), getting paid to hear voices in my head (did I say that?), endless excuses for research trips , opportunities to meet very cool (and often equally strange) fellow writers . . . and so much more. But this past week, I've had some special blessings to grin about. Such as:
1) CRITICAL CARE is already available for pre-order at several places, including Amazon. com.
2) Two more endorsements from amazing authors:
" . . . I ate up Candace Calvert's new book Critical Care . . . terrific story and terrific writing."
Colleen Coble author of Cry in the Night and Lonestar Secrets.
" . . . a wonderful medical romance . . . If you like ER and House, you'll love (Critical Care) . . . Give me another dose, and soon!"
Susan May Warren, award-winning author of Nothing But Trouble.
3) The honor of an invitation to send Critical Care to the awesome Beth Moore. On its way!
4) Signing my first autographs as Candace Calvert-- on Tyndale bookplates for Critical Care.
5) A rapidly growing list of offers for book reviews from great folks like: Mocha with Linda, Lena Nelson Dooley, A Peek at Deena's BookShelf, Christian Review of Books, and Cornhusker Academy
And last, (but oh-so-not least): I'm writing the last few pages of (working title) Disaster Status. I'll likely be completing it tomorrow! Whoo Hoo!
So, yes. Slap that big yellow Post-It Note right over my face: This author's smiling!
And watch out: it's contagious.