Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Scoop


Authors (especially newbies like me) are delighted by the offer of blog spotlights and requests for interviews that come when word of a new book begins to spread. In the weeks preceding the release of Critical Care, I've been honored to accept several--blogs, review sites, newspaper, and even an upcoming TV spot. I'm pleased with how professional and welcoming these folks have been . . . and how amazingly creative. It cannot be easy to come up with unique twists on interview questions. But then I suppose they wouldn't have many followers if they approached it in police interrogation style--with the author squinting into a bright lamp:

"Just the facts maa'm. Title of book. Date released. Purchase sites. Now turn sideways for your mug shot. Lose the gum--no smiling."


My interviewers didn't have me blinking under a spotlight, but they did put me on the spot. Here are a few examples of the creative questions tossed this author's way:

(From interview posted NOW on Relz Reviewz, Australia)

1) If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be?

2) What's the bravest thing you've ever done?

3) The most difficult patients--nurses, surgeons, or psychiatrists?

(See answers to these questions and more by clicking HERE--Rel Mollet did an awesome job!)


Or this from an interview that will appear on A Christian Writer's World:

4) How do you keep your sanity in our run, run, run world?


And ( for A Fiction Filled Life) my current favorite question--inspiring the photo above:

5) If your hero/heroine were an ice cream flavor, what would he/she be, and why?

Dr. "McSnarly" as an ice cream flavor? A cosmically correct (and theme supporting) reason for that? Oh. My. Goodness. You have no idea the freezer time I endured researching that question, the serious risk of frostbite . . . or the frightening number of fat calories consumed. Too bad Lipitor doesn't come as a confetti colored sprinkles.

Such good questions--for a brain that's been wedged in a keyboard for months. But I gave them my best shot, and will let you know when the interviews are posted. Ice cream flavors and all.

So here's a big thank you to those kind and patient reviewers who wanted The Scoop on the author of Critical Care.

Oh . . . and what kind of ice cream are YOU?

2 comments:

Mona Risk said...

CONGRATULATIONS Candy. I can't wait to get my copy of Critical Care. I have a medical romance coming out at The Wild Rose Press on July 03, 2009.

CandaceCalvert said...

Mona, thanks so much--and I'm really excited about your book. Medical romance rocks! :-)