Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Scrubs and Frosting

In my opinion, a book isn't officially born until buttercream frosting is involved. And, as you can tell by this sprinkling of snapshots, we had plenty of it at the CRITICAL CARE launch party on June 20th. What a great day! In honor of the medical drama theme, we had scrubs, a cake decorated with medical props . . . and to combat the Texas heat we had cold lemonade and an author who shortened her scrubs to crop top and capri lengths . . . and wore them with (a first in her career) strappy sandals! Lots of laughter, plenty of cake and books signed--a wonderful launch for the first book in my Mercy Hospital series. My only regret: that all of you couldn't be there.




A Servant's Heart Bookstore

Books, Smiles

Sunglasses, lemonade--Texas gear

"To Wally and Jean . . . "

My medical crew planning . . .


visiting with reader--who is also a writer



Buttercream EKG tracing

To you from me . . .

Now that's a sweet combo!

It's official, written in frosting: Critical Care is launched!

5 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Darling, darling cake!

It killed me not to be there, but after picking up my kids at the church when they finally arrived from camp that morning at 2:00 a.m. and having to do all the laundry at a laundromat because the washer was broken, there was just no way. I thought about you, though! Looks like it was lots of fun.

Carmen said...

I just got your book. Anxious to read it. With Harry Kraus' critique, it's gonna be good. I love his work.
You are WAYYYYY to far from me to have visited your signing. Come to MN.

CandaceCalvert said...

I missed you, Linda--and how sweet you are to even imagine driving all that way! We'll catch up next time. :-)

CandaceCalvert said...

Ah, Carmen--Minnesota sounds great, and WAYYYY cooler than Texas! ;-)

It's a blessing, indeed, to have Harry Kraus endorse this book--he is awesome.

I'm anxious to hear what you think about CRITICAL CARE, and delighted that you're "scrubbing in."

Thank you, and enjoy!

maria söderlund said...

I enjoyed reading your blog thanks